An infant is a child who has not yet reached its 2nd birthday. The following acceptance/limitation rules apply:
- Infants may not travel as UM; they must be accompanied by a parent or by other responsible adult.
- Maximum 1 infant per accompanying adult over 18 years of age.
- The total number of infants on board must not exceed the number of infant life vests carried on board. Maximum number of infants, 2 per flight.
- An infant life vest must always be placed in the seat-pocket before take-off and the adult shall be informed of the use of the life vest in case of an emergency.
- Infants may be seated on the lap of an adult person.
Carriage of Infant Type Car Seats:
- A regular passenger seat must be booked and paid for the infant at the applicable child fare.
- An approved car seat may only be used by infants between the ages of 6 months and 2 years and must be secured in an aft facing position only. An infant car seat must not be located in a row of seats which is either next to an emergency exit or its immediately in front or behind such a row.
- The car seat can only be fitted to a Window seat.
- A parent or person responsible will occupy the seat next to the infant.